Winners of Boutique Hotel Awards 2017 revealed
Winners of the Boutique Hotel Awards 2017 were revealed last night at an awards ceremony held at the Merchant Taylors’ Hall in London.
The keynote speech was given by two-time world heavyweight champion boxer and boutique hotelier Wladimir Klitschko. Klitschko’s 11. The overall victor of this year’s event was Akademie Street Boutique Hotel, South Africa.
Other awards were as follows:
- World’s Best Beach or Coastal Hotel: Qualia, Whitsundays, Australia
- World’s Best City Hotel: The Serras Hotel, Barcelona, Spain
- World’s Best Classic Hotel: The Chester Grosvenor, England
- World’s Best Culinary Hotel: Vila Joya, Algarve, Portugal
- World’s Most Inspired Design Hotel: Ca Maria Adele, Venice, Italy
- World’s Best Honeymoon Hideaway: Carpe Diem, Santorini, Greece
- World’s Best New Hotel: Kensho, Mykonos, Greece
- World’s Best Relaxation Retreat: Castello Di Guarene, Italy
- World’s Most Romantic Hotel: Aenaon Villa, Greece
- World’s Most Sustainable Hotel: Cottar’s Safari Lodge, Nairobi, Kenya
- World’s Best Wellness Spa: Lefay Resort & Spa, Gargnano, Italy
- World’s Best Private Villa: Coco Prive, Kuda Hithi Island, Maldives and Over Yonder Cay, The Bahamas
The winners were selected from 600 Nominees in 80 countries. Entrants were nominated by a member of the Awards Nomination Committee, comprised of 70 travel experts whose business it is to be in the know on boutique hotels. The awards then coordinated hundreds of judge evaluation visits at all shortlisted hotels to decide the winners in each category.
The Boutique Hotel Awards is now in its seventh year. It seeks to celebrate excellence amongst among boutique hotels. The Awards gala dinner also brought together members of The Master Key Society, established facilitate hotel exchange visits between top boutique hotels.